2020 – 2022
As your Area B Vice President, I am looking forward to the optimal experience, where there is excitement, involvement, action, fulfillment, freedom, and appropriateness. It is an honor to serve you.
One of the most important things of a membership leader is to make sure you are available to answer questions and to facilitate making sure new members can get in touch. It is also quite important help guide the members through the organizational heirachary and relationship between the Clubs, Districts, CFWC and GFWC.
‘Any experience I can learn from is a good one’. I have set the following goals to help make AREA B stronger.
- To be available to answer questions, be interested, answer calls for guidance and leadership and allow for effective contact within the organization and CFWC.
- To make the use of interactive technology a common communication tool. Using Zoom, FaceTime, etc. to hold group meetings with all Districts thereby, ensuring there is always a way to see each other regardless of time and distance.
- To share in the planning of the Clubs’ and Districts’ membership recruitment efforts by being engaged through communication and nurturing.
- To encourage Clubs and Districts to become aware of the constitution and bylaws, organizational structure, and budget, of their organization as well as the General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC), and California Federation of Women’s Clubs (CFWC). This will help members understand the ground rules by which a group can live and work to achieve its goals.
- To hold at least one area seminar and visit every Area B District during my term.
As a member of the membership committee, I will work with the Districts to establish training topics for Clubs such as amending bylaws, committee appointments, rational debate, creating a budget and forming alliances.
I hope to make recognition and praise such a common part of my personal style that when I do enter an accountability discussion, I will have built a safe, trusting and respectful relationship in which to improve outcomes and implement new strategies. I am ready to meet the challenges of being Area B Vice-President.