Parliamentary procedure is a must to assure that all members may be heard. During the meeting, the parliamentarian advises on parliamentary procedure. Only the presiding officer has the power to rule on questions of order.
At club meetings:
- Have available Roberts Rules of Order, Newly Revised
- Have a copy of the club Bylaws and Standing Rules
- Know the quorum required for the meeting
- Keep track of the motions and their amendments and their disposition
- Maintain a position of impartiality
The National Association of Parliamentarians has two books available for purchase: “Pointers on Parliamentary Procedure” and “Pointers on Parliamentary Procedure Workbook.” These publications can be a positive addition to our membership’s knowledge of proper and positive parliamentary procedure for our meetings.
Certificates of Completion will be presented to members who complete twenty (20) or more hours of parliamentary study in prescribed courses of Robert’s Rules of Order, the parliamentary authority for GFWC/CFWC. Certificates will be presented at the CFWC Convention.